Piers Morgan has confirmed that he is returning to Good Morning Britain on Monday after testing negative for the coronavirus.
The presenter, 55, had stepped away from the ITV programme after announcing at the weekend that he had developed mild symptoms of the virus.
He later tested negative for the illness but did not immediately return to the morning show, with presenter Ben Shephard filling in.
However, Morgan has now said he will be back after the weekend.
Relax everyone, I’ll be back Monday. https://t.co/VA3qE5EbuE— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) May 7, 2020
Retweeting an article about fans pleading with him to return after a few days away, he wrote: “Relax everyone, I'll be back on Monday."
Morgan revealed on Monday that he had tested negative.
Latest coronavirus news, updates and advice
He tweeted: “My COVID-19 test was negative.
“I was advised to take the test by my doctor after developing possible coronavirus symptoms, and was entitled to do so as a Govt-designated essential worker.
“I'll be back on @GMB as soon as my doctor advises I'm OK to return to work.”
Many viewers posted messages on social media saying they would welcome Morgan’s return.
“Thank goodness!” tweeted one person, while many others said they were glad the star was well.
“Roll on Monday the country needs you!” tweeted another fan.
“Best news I've heard this week,” said another.
Morgan lives with his wife, journalist Celia Walden, 44, and eight-year-old daughter Elise.
He previously revealed that his youngest son Albert, 19 – who he does not live with – had displayed symptoms of the coronavirus.