The world is full of people with different qualities. Some may be positive while others may be negative. But whoever thought that our qualities are governed by the energy of our planets? Every planet in Astrology has some quality and this is known as Gunas. A person’s nature and character are based on the Gunas of the planets in the houses. According to the Gunas, people can be Satvik, Rajsik or Tamasik.
The three guṇas known as Satvik, Rajsik and Tamsik are the energy movement which helps define the character of a person. They can be positively, negatively and neutrally charged. As per Astrology, the three Gunas are associated with the zodiac signs.
How can we identify Satvik, Rajsik and Tamsik guna?
People who have Satvik guna are the ones who are extremely loving, generous, knowledgeable, intelligent and wise. They have divine quality and are always devoted to God. Satvik guna helps us gain an understanding of higher wisdom.
Selfish people who are violent and impulsive have Rajsik guna. They show too much aggression and a competitive spirit with great passion. Rajsik guna motivates us.
Those who are ignorant and often remain away from greater wisdom are the ones with Tamsik guna. This Guna brings stability.
Gunas of Planets
As mentioned above, every planet has a specific guna. The Sun, Moon, and Jupiter are known to be Satvik. Rajsik Guna is dominant in Mercury and Venus. While the Saturn, Mars, Rahu, and Ketu are Tamasik.
- The Sun represents Soul and so it is considered as Satvik. Similarly, the Moon signifies Purity and is Satvik.
- Jupiter holds the qualities of forgiveness, wisdom, faith, and spirituality. Thus, it is Satvik.
- Venus is known for desire and pleasure. So, it is Rajsik. Similarly, Mercury is for worldly interests and hence it is also Rajsik.
- Saturn makes it’s native lazy and depressing. So, it is Tamasik. Rahu relates to phobias and attachments. Thus, it is also Tamasik.
- Mars invites enemies and accidents. So, it is known to be Tamasik.
- Ketu can be both Satvik and Tamasik. When it displays shy behavior or abstains from any action, it becomes Tamasik. When it displays spirituality, wisdom, and liberation, then Ketu is known to possess Satvik Gunas too.
Zodiac Signs and Gunas
The twelve zodiac signs play a vital role in expressing the four elements – fire, earth, air, and water. These zodiac signs also have their associated Gunas but one should remember that we cannot compare the Gunas. We need to balance the three Gunas. This can be attained by harmonizing our mind, body, and soul.
- Rajas gunas are dominant in the natives of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn zodiac signs. Rajasik Gunas are represented by the symbol of a volcanic eruption.
- The zodiacs Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius have dominant Tamsik Guna and it is symbolized by a tall mountain.
- Satvik Guna is possessed by the zodiacs Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces. A newborn baby is the symbol of Satvik guna.
Signs and Planets of Gunas
The table given below briefs us about the signs and planets of the three Gunas.
Revelation considering your Gunas
- People with different dominant Gunas have different characteristics and traits. Below given are a few observations about people with different Gunas.
- Absolute Tamsik people don’t follow the principles of Dharma, Karma, Moksha, and Artha. They are lazy and destructive people.
- Absolute Rajsik people are passionate, active and dynamic but might be self-centered sometimes.
- Absolute Satvik people are wise and knowledgeable with pure soul. They believe in good karmas only.
- People with mixed Tamsik and Rajsik guna are often arrogant and egoistic.
Balanced Gunas = Balanced Personality
No matter whether you are Tamsik, Rajsik or Satvik - if you can balance your emotions and actions you can have a balanced personality. Your planets and zodiac sign may give you an idea of the dominant Gunas, but what you make of yourself depends upon your skill to balance your signs.
To Get Your Personalized Solutions, Talk To An Astrologer Now!
With Ganesha’s Grace,
The GaneshaSpeaks.com Team