A terror suspect has been arrested in Stoke-on-Trent on suspicion of planning an attack in the wake of the London Bridge stabbings on Friday.
Officers in Staffordshire arrested the 34-year-old man after a search of his home address on Saturday as part of a wider crackdown on those previously convicted of terrorism offences.
The West Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit said searches are ongoing, adding that there is no immediate risk to public safety.
The force has said that there is no information to suggest that the arrested man was involved in the incident at London Bridge.
The Ministry of Justice launched an urgent review of terrorists released from prison on Friday following the London Bridge attack.
Usman Khan, 28, who was living in nearby Stafford had been released from prison on licence in December 2018 and was wearing an electronic monitoring tag when he was shot dead by police after the rampage.
The 28-year-old was convicted of terror offences in February 2012 and handed an indeterminate sentence for public protection, with a minimum term of eight years, meaning he could have been kept in prison for as long he was deemed to be a threat to the public.
READ MORE FROM YAHOO NEWS UK:
Remembrance service held for Jack Merritt and former Cambridge University student who died in London Bridge attack
The sentence was quashed at the Court of Appeal in April 2013 and he was given a determinate 16-year jail term, with a five-year extended licence period, under legislation which meant he was released automatically halfway through the sentence.
Sentencing law changed later in 2012, and if Khan was given the same sentence today he would have had to serve at least two-thirds of it.
The incident at London Bridge has raised questions about the policy of releasing convicted terrorists on licence.