Millions of products purchased; Record number of members streamed video titles and listened to music
· Members from over 70% pin codes of India shopped this Prime Day.
· More than twice as many customers signed up for a Prime membership inthe announcement to event period compared to last year; more than 40% of new members came from cities outside the top 10 cities.
· Members enjoyed the unique selection from thousands of small sellers who saw 67% increase in their sales, Kalahaatartisans saw nearly 150% increase in their volumes and 4,500 small & medium sellers each clocked sales of INR 10 lakhs or more
· Top-selling deals in India this Prime Day included Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, which was also the top-selling deal across all categories this Prime Day.
· Members shopped for big deals across categories such as washing machines in large appliances, smartphones in wireless, apparel, shoes and handbags in fashion, masalas and room fresheners in daily essentials, head-phones andcameras in consumer electronics and much more
· Prime Video viewers across the country enjoyed the Prime Day line-up of 14 block-buster titles, from 9 languages, including the Prime Day concert. The highest number of members streamed on the service, ever, since the announcement of Prime Day 2019.
· Members shopped from over 1,000 new product launches includingOnePlus 7 Mirror Blue, Maggi Fusian, Samsung Galaxy M40 Cocktail Orange, Alexa-enabled washing machine by IFB among others.
· 1 out of 3 orders placed during Prime Day were delivered by the next day.
Bangalore – July 18, 2019 – (NASDAQ:AMZN) — Prime members in India joined members in 17 countries celebrating Prime Day, enjoying the best of shopping, savings and entertainment. Following the epic two-day event with thousands of deals just for Prime members, sales surpassed the previous Prime Day and any other two-day period making this the largest shopping event for Prime members. Prime Day was the longest ever and saw members in India shop and stream like never before enjoying over 1,000 new product launches & deals and video & music titles, especially curated for Prime Day.
“Prime Day has become the biggest celebration of shopping, savings and entertainment that members, brands and sellers in India look forward to each year.” said Amit Agarwal, SVP and Country Manager, Amazon India. “Prime members in India enjoyed shopping the deals and new launches,buying thousands of products from small & medium sellers, artisans, entrepreneurs and innovators and oursellers, Kala Haat artisans and emerging Launchpad startups all saw a sharp increase in sales. Our brand partners increasingly seePrime Day as the ideal event to offer highly anticipated and never-before seen products – giving these coveted items a launch like no other.”
Membersfrom over 70% pin codes of India shopped this Prime Day. More than twice as many customers signed up for a Prime membership during the announce to event period compared to last year; Over 40% of new members came from cities outside the top 10 cities includingDurgapur, Kurukshetra, Hooghly, Guntur, Satara, Bharuch, Chittooramong others. 1 out of 3 orders placed during Prime Day have already been delivered by the next day.
This Prime Day was the biggest sales event ever for Amazon devices in India. Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote were among the top selling deals in India, with Fire TV Stick being the top-selling deal across all categories this Prime Day.Top sellers (excluding Amazon Devices) in India includedSyska 9-Watt Smart LED Bulb compatible with Amazon Alexa, BoAtRockerz Sports Bluetooth Wireless Earphone and Godrej Aer Pocket Bathroom Fragrance.
Members enjoyed shopping for unique products and new launches from small and medium sellers who saw sales volumes increase 67% over last Prime Day. Kalahaat artisans witnessed their sales volume increase close to 150%andLaunchpad sellers experienced a YoY jump of over 65% increase in sales over last Prime Day
Highlights from Prime Day 2019
· Prime Day 2019 was the biggest 2-day shopping event for Prime members on Amazon.in.
· This Prime Day was the biggest sales event ever for Amazon devices in India. The most popular deal in India this Prime Day was the Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote.
· Customers worldwide made their home smarter this Prime Day by purchasing millions of smart home devices, and top-selling deals in India included the Echo Dot + 9W Syska bulb
· Top selling smartphones included Apple iPhone XR, Prime day launches OnePlus 7 – Mirror Blue, Samsung Galaxy M40 – Cocktail Orange, OPPO F11 Pro- Waterfall Gray, Redmi Y3, Samsung Galaxy M30 & M20, LG W30 – Aurora Green and flagship models of OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro. Xiaomi was the no.1 selling smart phone brand by unit sales with Redmi Y3 being the highest selling smartphone on Amazon.in by unit sales.Customers purchased top deals in minutes including OnePlus 6T, Samsung Galaxy M10 and Apple XR.
· Top selling large appliancesincluded Samsung’s top-load washing machines, Bosch’s front-loading washing machine/dishwashers and LG & Whirlpool refrigerators. Customers also gave a big thumbs up to the newly launched IFB Alexa-enabled washing machine, Whirlpool’s top-load washing machine & Haier’s side-by-side refrigerator.
· Top-selling apparel brands included U.S. Polo Association, United colors of Benetton, Levis, Jockey andBiba. Popular luggage brands included American Tourister, Skybags and Safari and top-selling footwear brands included Fila, Sketchers, Catwalk and Paragon. Top-selling handbags includedLavie, Caprese, Hidesign and Van Heusen while top-selling Jewelry brands included Tribe by Amrapaliand Peora.
· Headphones, Bluetooth speakers and cameras were the most bought consumer electronics. Top selling brands wereMi, BoAt, Boult, JBL and Sennheiser.Xiaomi emerged as the top consumer electronics brand by unit sales.
· Members enjoyed the convenience of shopping for Everyday essentials. Top sellers were Maggi Fusian, Max cold pressed virgin coconut oil and Lipton tea bags. Other popular brands included Tata Sampann, Kellogg’s cornflakes, Aashirvaad Ghee and Dabur Honey among others.
· Members watched Prime Video in over 4,000 towns and cities across India.
· From the announcement to the Prime Day period, Prime members streamed music in over 35 Indian and international languages on Prime Music.
· Prime Music India saw the highest listeners ever in the week leading upto Prime Day.
· Since the announcement to the Prime Day event, the most streamed celebrity curated playlists were Neha Kakkar, Armaan Malik, Shreya Ghoshal and Hrithik Roshan.
ShreyBadhani, Founder at Kapiva Ayurveda,said“At the outset, we would like to thank our customers and the Amazon team for their constant support and guidance that led to a successful Prime Day for brand Kapiva! This was our second Prime Day and our first with the Launchpad team. We have seen our highest ever per day sales over these two days and are excitedly waiting for Prime Day 2020!”
Ankita Chaudhary, COO Power Gummiessaid”Prime Day gave us an unique opportunity to showcase our brand Power Gummies hair vitamins and also provided us a key insights on pricing and inventory. It helped us in boosting our revenue and brand recognition. During the event, we saw ourhighest ever per day sale – Thank You Amazon!”
Every Day Made Better with Prime
Prime is designed to make your life better every single day. Over 100 million Prime members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment on Prime Day. In India, this includes free one-day, two-day delivery, unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, unlimited access to bestselling eBooks through Prime Reading early access to select Lightning Deals and more. Members in Delhi NCR, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Mumbai can enjoy ultra-fast 2-hour delivery on Amazon devices, consumer electronics and everyday essentials on the Prime Now Ap. Log on towww.amazonin/prime and become a Prime member today.
The post Prime Day 2019 Was The Biggest Two-Day Celebration Ever For Prime Members In India appeared first on Popdiaries.