Babies’ brains are buzzing with activity at super speed. All they need is a lot of good stimulation right from the day they are re born. Here are little things you could try with a three-month old to give his/her brain a good massage.
- Take a tour- Go from room to room and choose one item to show the baby. Describe the item’s name, color, size, etc.
- Play with the light switch. Turn the light switch on and say,”On.” Flip the switch down and say, “Off.”
- Look in the mirror with baby
- Talk. A lot
- Hold baby close, turn on your favorite song and dance, dance, dance!
- Introduce stuffed animals. Grab a couple stuffed toys and talk to the toy and then talk to baby
- Lift baby gently in four directions and say, “Up, down, left, right.”
- Say, “hello,” and say, “good bye.” Everytime you walk in or out of the room
- Read to your baby on your lap
- Give tummy time. Some babies hate it. Some babies love it...
- Name different body parts. Place your hand on baby’s head and say, “head.” Place your hand on his feet and say, “feet.”
- Show flash cards. Show your baby numbers, letters and simple pictures.
Here’s to raising a smart little one!