You can mix vermicelli in mango pulp to make scrumptious kheer and serve it after meals as a dessert. Don’t forget to make it as it’s mango season now!
- Mango – 1 (300 grams)
- Vermicelli – ½ cup (50 grams)
- Sugar – ¼ cup (50 grams)
- Cashews – 5 to 6
- Pistachios – 10 to 12
- Almonds – 4
- Green cardamom – 4
- Milk – 500 Ml
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Take milk in a vessel and let it boil.
- In another pan, add 1 tbsp ghee and heat it sufficiently.
- Now add vermicelli to the ghee and stir constantly on low flame, until it turns brown in color.
- When milk simmers, add vermicelli to it. Keep stirring constantly
- Once the milk starts boiling, reduce the flame and stir for few more minutes.
- Meanwhile chop dry fruits and mango and peel the cardamom and make a powder
- When vermicelli is nicely mixed in the milk and turned soft, add sugar, mango pulp and mix well.
- Now, add chopped almonds-cashews-pistachios and cardamom powder and mix really well.
- Cook the Kheer for a few minutes.
- Turn off the flame and allow the kheer to cool.
- When kheer is slightly cooled, add finely chopped mango and mix well.
- Garnish with pista
You can consume this kheer now or place it in refrigerator and serve cold.
Note: This kheer can be stored for 2 days in refrigerator.
Suggestion: You can even add small mango chunks along with mango pulp in the kheer.
Also read: Summer Dessert Delight: Mango Kheer
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe