Besan Aur Beetroot Ka Chilla / Gram Flour & Beetroot Gluten free Pancake is combination of taste and nutrition tied together.
If you love chilla or pancake this recipe is for you. The humble besan ka chilla is transformed with the sweetness of beetroot and gives a wonderful red color.
The color is not only the inviting quality. When my husband and son tasted it they couldn’t believe it tasted fab. I could taste the sweetness from the beetroot and served it with extremely spicy coriander chutney. So the sweet & sour combo is so good.
Perfect option for kids to make them eat beetroot. My son(who’s 3-years-old) has started to recognize colors and calls this a red dosa. My thought- let him say whatever, he should eat it. Anyways they are too small to understand chila; so everything flat is a dosa.
- 1 cup besan / gram flour
- 1 large size beetroot boiled and grated
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- 3/4 cup curd
- Water to adjust the batter
- In a bowl, add besan and curd. Mix well.
- Add beetroot, salt and pepper. Mix till combined.
- Now, if the batter is too thick add 1/4 cup water and adjust.
- Make sure that the batter is neither too thick nor too thin. Both ways it will be difficult to make chilla.
- On a nonstick pan, add a little bit oil. Pour 2-3 tbsp of batter and spread just a bit to form chilla.
- Once it starts to cook, you will see bubbles on the sides.
- Flip and cook on the other side.
If you have a big tawa you can make 2-3 chila at a time.
If you like this recipe please like it and leave your valuable comments
Disclaimer: The photograph in this article is original and belong to the author. Reproducing it in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Also read: Healthy Breakfast Idea: Beetroot Dosa
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe