Addressing a press conference on Tuesday, Union minister Prakash Javadekar announced that those above 45 can get vaccinated from April 1. So far only people above the age of 60 and those above 45 years of age with co-morbidities could get vaccines.
Citizens can register to get vaccinated through the Co-WIN portal by registering through their phone numbers, after which an OTP is sent to their phone for first step verification.
Javadekar said, “We request that all eligible should immediately register and get vaccinated.”
Here’s what you need to know about how to register for getting vaccinated.
1. A total of four people can be registered to be vaccinated from one phone.
2. One can change, reschedule or cancel appointments to get vaccinated through the Co-WIN app.
3. One can choose to change the centre for taking the second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine under unavoidable circumstances.
4. The system will automatically show you the center list that has the vaccine that was administered to you as first dose.
5. Every vaccination record will be recorded in the backend.
6. A digitally signed certification will be issued upon vaccination. This will be sent to your digital portal and is downloadable from there.
7. The data provided by the citizen for registration to get vaccinated is safe as only name, age and gender are required.
NITI Aayog’s Dr VK Paul said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi took the Covaxin shot on Monday, making it clear to people that there was no reason for doubt. “Vaccine hesitancy is melting, but we still need to pace up. People are ready to fight Covid-19 by getting vaccinated,” he said.