Of the 62 new members elected to the Rajya Sabha on June 19, 52 MPs (84%) are crorepatis.
An analysis of the self-sworn affidavits of all the new Rajya Sabha MPs, by the National Election Watch and the Association for Democratic Reforms, shows that their average asset value is Rs 74.04 crore.
Among major parties, the average assets for 18 BJP MPs is Rs 40.86 crores, 9 INC MPs is Rs 20.32 crores, 4 YSRCP MPs is Rs 744.91 crores, 4 AITC MPs is Rs.2.59 crores, 4 BJD MPs is Rs.1.98 crores and 3 DMK MPs is Rs. 4.97 crores.
Check out the assets of the new Rajya Sabha members here:
1. Alla Ayodhya Rami Reddy, the YSRSC Rajya Sabha member from Andhra Pradesh, is the richest amongst the 62 new Rajya Sabha MPs sworn in just 4 days ago. His total assets are worth Rs 2,578 crore.
2. Parimal Nathwani, another YSRSC MP from AP, has declared assets worth Rs 396 crore.
3. Jyotiraditya Scindia, BJP MP from Madhya Pradesh, declared assets worth more than Rs 379 crore.
4 and 5: Amarendra Dhari Singh (left), RJD’s Bihar MP, is worth over Rs 238 crore, while the BJP’s Maharashtra RS MP Udayanraje Bhonsale has declared assets of more than Rs 201 crore.
6. Prem Chand Gupta, the RJD’s RS MP From Bihar, is worth over Rs 118 crore.
7. K R Suresh Reddy, the TRS’s Telangana RS member, is worth over Rs 108 crore.
8. Narhari Amin, BJP RS member from Gujarat, has declared assets of more than Rs 75 crore.
9. Kavi Tejpal Singh Tulsi, the Congress RS MP from Chhattisgarh, is worth more than Rs 61 crore.
10. Deepender Singh Hooda, the Congress’s Rajya Sabha MP from Haryana, is worth over Rs 44 crore.
11. AIADMK's M Thambidurai, RS MP from Tamil Nadu, has assets of over Rs 42 crore.
12. Congress Rajya Sabha MP from Madhya Pradesh, Digvijaya Singh, has assets worth more than Rs 40 crore.
13. NCP boss Sharad Pawar has declared assets worth Rs 32 crore.
The list of the other new Rajya Sabha MPs and their assets are hereunder.