Veteran star Rishi Kapoor who was born to one of the biggest actors, Raj Kapoor had the most flourishing career back in the day. He was termed as the ‘chocolate boy’ of Bollywood in the 70s. Kapoor has given some incredible and diverse films during his career span of over 4 decades. Much to everyone’s dismay, one of the jovial actors Rishi Kapoor passed away on April 30, 2020, after valiantly fighting cancer. Today, it’s been a year since his tragic demise but thanks to his wife, Neetu Kapoor always keeps him alive in our memories as she keeps sharing some throwback pictures and videos that make our eyes misty.
Well, on his first death anniversary, let’s remember this phenomenal actor who not only contributed greatly to the Indian cinema but also made us fall in love with his cuteness, charm and persona. Speaking of which, here we have listed a few reasons why the late actor was, is and will always be the most loved celeb of Bollywood.
1. Rishi Kapoor’s Quirky Replies On Twitter – The actor was known for his outspoken nature but his quirky replies on the micro-blogging used to crack everyone up. For instance, in 2019, he shared a few pictures of shoes saying that he was shocked to see the price tags on some high-end sneakers in New York. He said, “Joota sone ka ho ya chaandi ka-pehna toh jaata hai paon mein Crazy!” There was another incident when Rishi said that he is not his son Ranbir Kapoor’s mailbox after he was spammed with messages for the Sanju actor.
2. He Was Full Of Live – After the tragic demise, Neetu Kapoor shared a video of him on the 11th-month prayer meet. In the video, he was seen walking in the streets of New York and joyfully singing to a song.
3. He Was A Lover Boy – Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh were the most iconic onscreen and off-screen pairs. Their love story has touched many hearts. In an interview with Filmfare, when Rishi talked about his marriage with Neetu, he had said, "Yes, I have mellowed down. Neetu and I have sailed through. Like any other couple, we had fights. It's natural for two people living under one roof to have a difference of opinion. Once Neetu asked why India and Pakistan were always at each other. I said, "Teri aur meri nahin banti (you and I don't get along) and you're talking about two countries." But yes, we've grown with time.” He had also called Neetu his confidant.
4. A Family Man – Rishi Kapoor was a family man through and through and knew the importance of the emotional support of his family. In an interview with Zoom, Kapoor said that when he was diagnosed with cancer, he was devastated. However, he stated that apart from proper treatment, his family support and positivity were there throughout and helped him recover.
5. Entire Bollywood Loves Rishi Kapoor – The entire Bollywood fraternity visited the late actor when he was undergoing his treatment in NY. Right from Shah Rukh Khan, Anupam Kher, Rajkummar Rao, Vicky Kaushal to Priyanka Chopra, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Alia Bhatt, Karan Johar, Deepika Padukone and more, visited and spent time with him, thanks to Neetu Kapoor who ensured to share all the photos on her page.
Image source: SpotboyE archives
Check out more news on SpotboyE