The Riviera Maya is located on the coast of southeastern Mexico and ranges from Isla Blanca, to Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Akumal, Tulum and Punta Allen, has become an icon for international tourism. Thanks to its paradisiacal beaches, warm climate, and the majesty of the Mayan culture, the Riviera Maya is a place you will undoubtedly want to visit during your vacation.
The Riviera Maya offers a high number of activities and attractions that will make your vacation an adventure. In Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Tulum, you can find activities for all tastes and ages, enjoy the best eco-tours in the middle of the Mayan jungle, to water activities on beaches, lagoons or cenotes.
Thanks to the great cultural and ecological diversity, the Riviera Maya offers every visitor experience that will satisfy their senses.
What to do in the Riviera Maya?
- Mayan Ruins. The Mayan culture has been recognized worldwide for its contributions to astrology and mathematics. Also, knowing their incredible culture and architecture has surprised more than one. From the pyramid of Chichen Itza, The King’s ruins, Tulum, Coba, among others… Each of the archaeological ruins will allow you to learn more about this civilization, its history, and its legacy to humanity.
- Beaches. As we mentioned before, the Riviera Maya, in its main destinations, enjoys a magnificent landscape through its white-sand beaches and turquoise sea, with a great climate to enjoy a day at the beach. There are several virgin beaches along the coast, where you can undoubtedly enjoy a quiet day. Likewise, you will be able to find a high number of restaurants and beach clubs where, if you are into partying, you won’t need good music and an excellent party atmosphere.
- Cenotes. Cenotes are underground water formations that will leave you totally surprised. Many of them were formed hundreds of years ago. Caves with fantastic stalactites and stalagmites, lush formations, and incredible scenery. As they are bodies of fresh water, it is highly advisable to enter with life jackets for those who do not master swimming.
What is the best season to travel to the Riviera Maya?
As it is a destination of high tourist affluence, during the vacation periods, many tourists from all over the world choose to visit this beautiful destination; however, there are different seasons in which you can enjoy this destination.
- Spring vacations. This is one of the best seasons to enjoy the climate, beaches, and outdoor activities to the fullest. For this season, the weather is enjoyable for any activity that is outdoors. Ideal for traveling with your family or with a partner. During this season, the prices in tourist services usually increase a. 30% approximately, as well as the availability in schedules, can be reduced, reason why it is recommendable to contract your tourist services with at least 2 months of advance
- Summer holidays. One of the favorite seasons for college students, summer vacations in Cancun is very popular due to the incredible parties and good atmosphere it provides. It is an ideal season to travel with friends because if you like to party and have fun, be sure that you can find it almost on every corner. The prices of tourist services for these dates usually go up by up to 50%! Due to the high demand, we recommend that you hire your services at least 3 to 5 months in advance.
- Low season. In Cancun, there is a period from mid-August to the end of November, which is locally known as “low season” because during these dates, the influx of travelers decreases considerably. If your intention is to relax and enjoy the tranquility, this may be the best season for your trip, also, the prices of tourist services are usually much lower; likewise, you can get incredible promotions and discounts on hotels and other services. Similarly, the availability and times for activities are usually more open. During these dates, you can enjoy various national holidays, such as Independence Day, so you will find festivals, typical food, and regional activities throughout the region.
- Winter season. In many countries around the world, the temperature in the winter season can be very low, unlike Cancun and the Riviera Maya, where, even in winter, the average temperature is 20º, so many tourists decide to travel during this time to meet with family, friends, or simply to be unaffected by the low temperatures in their home country. The winter season is usually the most popular time for tourists to travel to Cancun and the Riviera Maya, so during this season, tourist services are usually very scarce, rates increase significantly, and hotel availability can be tough. That’s why we recommend you to hire your tourist services at least 6 months in advance; this will help you ensure the availability of your services. Avoid leaving your reservations until the last minute! This will cause you to pay more money or even not find availability for your services.
What are the transportation options?
- Public transportation. As in many countries, the bus is a very common means of transportation in each of the destinations of the Riviera Maya; however, there is no public transportation that connects each of the destinations, the schedules can be very limited as well as the routes, so not many travelers choose this option.
- Car rental. The car rental service in Cancun can be a very good option when your intention is to travel from one place to another and get to know every corner of the city, likewise, with this service you can visit the different destinations of the Riviera Maya like Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Akumal, among others. It can be very practical and even economical according to your mobility needs. There are different companies that offer this service, some may offer misleading prices of $1 USD, but when you get to the counter, they usually charge you mandatory insurance that will increase the cost of your rental up to 150%! That is why we recommend you to rent a car in Cancun with City Car Rental, with them you will find rates with insurance and taxes included, and likewise, you will get discounts in restaurants, theme parks and other tourist attractions with your rental.
- Transportation from Cancun airport. If you are staying at a resort or the points you will visit are very well defined, then eTransfers’ Cancun airport transportation service is ideal for you. eTransfers is a local company that stands out for its excellent attention and service, besides having affordable rates for any budget.
Without a doubt, the Riviera Maya is a destination you will love. Whether you travel alone, with friends, with your partner, with family or for work, travel and discover the magic that Cancun and the Riviera Maya have to offer. From the warmth of its people, its gastronomy, culture, traditions, and incredible activities and landscapes, Cancun is an ideal destination that will surprise you.
The post Riviera Maya, One of the Favorite Destinations for Tourists. appeared first on Popdiaries.