Robbers stamped on drunk student’s face then FaceTimed his mother posing as good Samaritans

Daniel Lloyd, left, and Kyron Gee have been jailed for attacking a drunken student (Picture: SWNS)

Two robbers who beat up a drunk student, stamped on his face and video-called his mother posing as Good Samaritans have been jailed.

Daniel Lloyd, 21, and Kyron Gee, 23, attacked University of Worcester student Jake Molan after spotting him drunk in the city in the early hours of the morning.

They lured him to a secluded racecourse then attacked him, with Gee stamping on his head so hard it left an imprint of his shoe on his face.

They took the student’s iPhone and FaceTimed his mother, claiming they found him unconscious and asking for the device’s PIN code so they could call an ambulance.

However, when she gave them the code, they used it to unlock the phone - which they planned to sell - and left him lying there.

The pair stole Mr Molan’s bank cards and used them to buy a meal at McDonald’s and a pregnancy test for one of their girlfriends.

Read more

Britain's biggest ever benefits fraudster who faked dementia to pocket £750k jailed

Carrie Symonds will live with Boris Johnson in Downing Street, Number 10 confirms

Woman infuriates neighbours by building £10k enclosure in garden for her cats

Mr Molan was eventually taken to hospital where he underwent surgery for a brain injury.

Gee, from Worcester, admitted robbery and fraud at Worcester Crown Court and was jailed for four-and-a-half years.

Lloyd, of Malvern, Worcestershire, also admitted robbery and fraud and was jailed for six years.

The court heard the pair were jailed in 2017 for grievous bodily harm for an attack they carried out together. Lloyd, who was in breach of a suspended sentence for burglary, was jailed for four years and Gee for two years for that assault.

Judge Nicolas Cartwright said: "You pretended that you needed the code from her to unlock his telephone in order to be able to raise assistance from the ambulance service and, not surprisingly, she gave you the code.

"Once the phone was unlocked you left him there unconscious. He came around a significant amount of time later and someone else did assist in the way you should have done.

"His mother plainly was very much affected, being desperately worried about her son over a period of two-and-a-half hours."

The pair were sentenced at Worcester Crown Court (Picture: Getty)

The court heard Mr Molan had spent the night drinking in Worcester city centre when Lloyd and Gee spotted him in the early hours of May 21.

Prosecutor David Swinnerton said: “He was already heavily intoxicated by the time he got to McDonald's in the city centre at 1.23am on May 21, which is where he met Gee and Lloyd standing outside.

“They attacked him on Worcester Racecourse although the victim has no recollection of the assault, coming to with a foot mark on the right hand side of his face.

“During the robbery, his iPhone 6 and a wallet containing two bank cards and between £20 and £30 in cash were stolen. It appears his head was stamped on.”

Mr Swinnerton said Mr Molan’s mother was “understandably very distressed and provided the PIN code to the phone”.

He added: “They told her an ambulance had been called. That wasn't true. He was simply left."

Mr Molan was taken to A&E at 4.46am with a minor traumatic brain injury.

Detective Constable Edith Anderson, of West Mercia Police, said: "This was a vicious and premeditated attack on a vulnerable student.

"We would like to praise the courage of the victim in coming forward as well as his mother who was callously called by the defendants shortly after the attack on FaceTime to inform her that they had found her son.”

-Watch the latest videos from Yahoo UK-