As a mother recipes like these comes out of necessity. Didn’t really refer to any recipe. My son was wailing behind me for a snack and I just mixed a few things at hand. My potato and cheese bites are so soft inside but crispy and red on the outside.
First of all, I have a kid at home so I keep a few things handy for such kind of easy recipe to kick off.
- Boil potato
- Paneer/cottage cheese(mine is homemade)
- Boiled beetroot
- Baby corn or sweet corn
- Coriander chutney
- Pizza pasta sauce
Not all of them at the same time but the idea is to keep things handy to use whenever sudden hunger pangs come.
Directions to make Potato And Cheese Bites-
- 2 big Potato
- 3-4 Processed cheese cubes(not mozzarella)
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped
- Salt and pepper as per taste.
- In a bowl finely mash potatoes and grate cheese in it.
- Add the onions along with salt and pepper and mix well.
- The mixture should not be wet (for this reason I don’t like to use freshly boiled potatoes).
- Now shape the patty with your hand. Get creative; make them any way you like. (Note: you can oil your hands so that the patty does stick to your hands)
- Shallow fry until golden and crispy. Make sure to be delicate, when turning as it may break easy. I like to wait for it to get golden on one side and then only flip for the other side to cook.
Serve them with Coriander Chutney.
Also Read: Potato Pomegranate Cold Salad
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe
Disclaimer: All photographs in this article are original and belong to the author. Reproducing them in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.