Dhokla is one of the most famous dish of Gujarati cuisine. It is like pillow, very soft and bouncy. Being Gujarati I always try new and different kinds of dhoklas. But this one is my favourite. Many people try Dhoklas. But they don't get results as per expectation. So try out this, one of most easiest way to make it out Dhoklas. You gonna love it.
- Rice - 3 nd half cup
- Chana Dal -1 cup
- Water - as per need
- Oil -; 7 tablespoon
- Salt - as per taste
- Eno cooking soda - 1 sachet
- Lemon - 1 medium sized
- Ginger garlic chilli paste - 2 tablespoon (or as per spicy)
- For tadka
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds -; 1 teaspoon
- Sesame seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (hing); - pinch
You can eat dhokla on next day if you start preparations from previous day morning
- First of all soak rice and dal in morning with appropriate water.
- At night (or after 12 hours), grind the rice and dal to a mixture. Add water, if required. (The consistency of batter (thickness) should be like Idli.)
- Now pour the batter into large container and add 5 tablespoon of oil. Mix it properly and keep it aside with a lid
- Next morning, slowly open the lid. You will see it will rise up. Mix it properly again.
- Add salt, 2 tablespoon oil, ginger garlic chilli paste to the mixture.
- Take a cooker and fill it with water. Keep it on the gas on high flame for 5 minutes with covering lid of dish.
- Grease a plate with oil in which you are going to steam dhokla.
- Add cooking soda in the batter and squeeze a lemon on it. Now mix it fast. Pour a batter fast in a plate. Keep it in cooker on medium high flame without the whistle for 20 minutes. ( Don't fill up the full plate, fill 3/4 of plate )
- After 20 minutes, take it off the gas and let it rest for 10 minutes and open.
- There will be fluffy and spongy dhokla cake ready. Cut it by knife into the desired shape.
For tadka, in a small kadai, add oil, mustard seeds, asafoetida, sesame seeds and let them splutter.
Pour the tadka over the prepared dhokla and serve
Disclaimer: The photograph in this article is original and belong to the author. Reproducing it in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe