Spring Onion Dip is here to make your starters yummier. My son has been particularly fond of this dip which he had once when we bought from store. Now, after him asking again and again, I thought of creating at home and asking him if he likes it. Well he couldn't make out the difference and loved it.
Now spring onions are excellent source of Vitamin A, C and K and to get the best they have to be used in the raw form only. If you want to skip a light cooking of onions for 30 secs, it’s doable too, provided they are very finely chopped.
The best part is, its very simple to make it and fresh spring onions give a nice flavor to this dip. What I also do it use it in sandwiches and roti spread before adding the layer of cooked vegetables for his tiffin box. One dip and you can actually make different meals out of it, eg pin wheels, monaco toppings or even cracker sandwiches. Well that's the fun of doing simple recipes which have multiple use, so here goes the recipe!
- Hung Curd: 2 tbsp
- Cheese Spread: 1 tsp
- Garlic powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: as per taste
- Spring onions: 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Butter: 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Olive Oil: 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper: 1/2 tsp
- Dried Mixed Herbs: 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil and saute chopped spring onions for 30 secs and keep it aside.
- Now take a bowl and mix hung curd. butter( optional, if the curd is little sour), cheese spread , garlic powder, salt, black pepper, dried herbs and mix well till it smooth.
- Next add the spring onions with few drops of olive oil and mix it well again.
- Now garnish with some pepper and spring onions and serve.
Also read: Guilt-Free Pasta In Sweet Potato Sauce
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe