Two members of the Swedish Royal Family have tested positive for COVID-19 after attending a private funeral, according to the royal house.
Prince Carl Philip and his wife Princess Sofia are isolating after receiving positive results to coronavirus testing.
A statement from the royal household read: “On Wednesday, November 25, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia in quarantine after they showed symptoms of illness and were subsequently found to be infected with COVID-19.
“The prince and princess show milder flu symptoms, but feel well under the circumstances. Immediately after the illness, the Prince and Princess were quarantined at home with their children.
“Infection tracing is initiated under the supervision of the King.
“The King and Queen and The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel, who are part of the infection tracking, will be tested on Thursday.”
In an update on Thursday, the royal household said King Carl, Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria, as well as Prince Daniel, all returned negative tests.
The statement added: “On Friday, November 20, the King and Queen, the Crown Princess couple and the Prince and Princess attended a private funeral. Prior to the funeral, the Royal Family was tested for COVID-19. All test results were negative.
“After the Prince and Crown Princess' illness on Wednesday 25 November, the royal couple and the Crown Princess couple have now been tested again and confirmed to remain healthy.”
Prince Carl Philip is the second oldest child of the king and queen of Sweden. He has been married to Sofia since June 2015 and they have two children.
Together they run a foundation which aims to tackle bullying.
In October last year, they confirmed their sons, Prince Gabriel and Prince Alexander, would lose their ‘His Royal Highness’ titles, though they are still referred to as princes and have duchies.
Prince Carl said he hoped the change would mean his sons would have “freer choices in life”.
The royal couple are the latest of several royals around the world to contract coronavirus.
Prince Charles, now 72, contracted the virus in March and self-isolated in Birkhall, his Scottish home, but was able to continue working throughout, getting mild symptoms.
He did reveal he lost his sense of taste.
His wife, Camilla, tested negative at the same time he returned a positive test, but self-isolated anyway in line with government guidelines.
It was revealed in October that Prince William, 38, had contracted the virus in April but had kept it secret.
In November, Princess Michael of Kent became the oldest British royal, at 75, to contract the virus.
She was said to be over the worst by her spokesman.
Watch: Prince William’s first appearance after revealing coronavirus battle