Cast your mind back to when all you knew about Donald Trump was that he's a turbo-tanned, wealthy businessman with breathtakingly weird hair (he maintains it is not a wig... ) who did the bit Alan Sugar does on the US version of The Apprentice. Oh, life was so much simpler then.
When it comes to women, much of what has tripped out of Trump's mouth hasn't exactly been great. But now, despite his derogatory views on women, Muslims, black people, and any other minority you might be able to think of, Trump is the 45th President of the United states of America . So, just in case you weren't feeling depressed enough, here are 23 real things Trump has actually said about women.
1. "I'm automatically attracted to beautiful women - I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. When you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything." (Secret video recording, 2005)
2. "Look at that face. Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next next president? I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not supposed to say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?" (About Carly Fiorina, his one-time Republican rival, 2015)
3. "[Arianna Huffington] is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision." (Twitter, 2012)
4. "Now, somebody who a lot of people don't give credit to but in actuality is really beautiful is Paris Hilton. I've known Paris Hilton from the time she's 12, her parents are friends of mine, and the first time I saw her she walked into the room and I said, 'Who the hell is that?'" (An interview with Howard Stern, 2016)
5. [About a 10-year-old girl] "I am going to be dating her in 10 years. Can you believe it?"(A leaked recording, 1992)
6. "All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected." (How to Get Rich, 2004)
7. "If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?" (Twitter, 2015)
8. [About his daughter Ivanka] "… she does have a very nice figure. I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her." (ABC's 'The View', March 6, 2006)
9. [About his wife]"She's not giving me 100 percent. She's giving me 84 percent, and 16 percent is going towards taking care of children." (TIME, May 23, 2011)
10 . After Fox News presenter Megyn Kelly confronted Trump about his disparaging comments about women on live TV he called her "a bimbo" (Fox News, August 2015)
11. "Often when I was sleeping with one of the top women in the world I would say to myself, thinking about me as a boy from Queens, 'Can you believe what I am getting?'" (Think Big: Make it Happen in Business and Life, 2008)
12. "I have really given a lot of women great opportunity. Unfortunately, after they are a star, the fun is over for me." (ABC's 'Primetime Live', March 10, 1994)
14. "Rosie's a loser. A real loser. I look forward to taking lots of money from my nice fat little Rosie." He has also called Rosie rude, obnoxious, dumb, a pig, and pretty much every other insult you can think of. (About TV host Rosie O'Donnell who blasted Trump for having an affair and leaving his wife)
15. Trump blamed sexual assaults on women in the army on the fact that men and women were working together. "26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?" (Twitter, May 7, 2013)
26,000 unreported sexual assults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?
- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 7, 2013
16. "Women are really a lot different than portrayed. They are far worse than men, far more aggressive … " (The Art of the Comeback, 1997)
17. "You know who's one of the great beauties of the world, according to everybody? And I helped create her. Ivanka. My daughter, Ivanka. She's 6 feet tall, she's got the best body. She made a lot money as a model - a tremendous amount." (The Howard Stern Show, 2003)
18. He compared Kristen Stewart to a dog and advised Robert Pattinson not to get back with her back amidst the couple's on/off relationship back in 2012. (Twitter, October 17, 2012)
Robert Pattinson should not take back Kristen Stewart. She cheated on him like a dog & will do it again--just watch. He can do much better!
- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 17, 2012
19. "You're disgusting," to a breastfeeding motherwhen she asked for a medical break during a legal deposition so she could pump breast milk for her 3-month-old daughter. (New York Times, July 2015)
20. Trump reduced all women's significance to being "a young and beautiful piece of ass", when he told an Esquire journalist in response to his bad press: "You know, it really doesn’t matter what they write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass. But she’s got to be young and beautiful." (Esquire, 1991)
21. "Sarah Jessica Parker voted 'unsexiest woman alive' – I agree" wrote Trump in a Facebook post. "She said 'it’s beneath me to comment on the potential Obama charitable gift.' What’s really beneath her?" he continued. (Facebook, October 26, 2012)
Sarah Jessica Parker voted “unsexiest woman alive” – I agree. She said “it’s beneath me to comment on the potential Obama charitable gift.” What’s really beneath her?
22. He advised victims of sexual harassment in the workplace to get a new job. Not only did he stand up for Roget Ailes, the former head of Fox, following multiple sexual harassment allegations against him (Trump called Ailes a "very, very good person"), he shared his thoughts on what his daughter Ivanka should do if she were ever sexually harassed. "I would like to think she would find another career or find another company if that was the case," he told USA Today columnist Kirsten Powers. (USA Today, August 1, 2016)
23. And in an outrageous display of irony, he tweeted on International Women's Day this year that he had "tremendous respect" for women. Er... (Twitter, March 8, 2017)
On International Women's Day, join me in honoring the critical role of women here in America & around the world.
- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 8, 2017
I have tremendous respect for women and the many roles they serve that are vital to the fabric of our society and our economy.
- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 8, 2017
Well, there we are then. The President of the United States, ladies and gentlemen.
You Might Also Like