Plantain Cheese Sandwich is my replacement for Potato Sandwich and with added boiled beans I tend to add more protein apart from what comes from cheese. An ideal sandwich for kids to carry in lunch boxes. Its fulfilling and the taste is balanced because of the sweetness while adding mexican seasonings give a nice twist to the regular taste and tint of spice needed to keep up the taste buds.
If you don’t have mexican seasonings, just used regular garam masala and that too would work well. I liked how the combination of cheese and plantain worked together and every bite tasted great. Incase you don't have green chutney, you can give it a skip too for it just enhances more flavour along with the plaintain mixture. A good meal with combination of Carbohydrates and protein, do not miss adding tomato slices as they give a nice bite feeling at the end and also make the sandwich little juicy.
Let me know how it comes out while you try it.
- Whole wheat bread: 4 slices
- Boiled Kidney Beans: 1/2 cup
- Boiled Plantain: 1 medium size
- Cheese slice: 2
- Tomato: 1 small
- Coriander Chutney: 1 tbsp
- Coriander: 1 tbsp
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/4 tsp
- Green Chilli: 1 chopped
- Mexican Seasonings: 1/2 tsp
- Oil: 1 tsp
- Garlic: 1 tsp chopped
- Onion: 2 tbsp chopped
- Mash plantain and kidney beans together and add salt.
- Heat oil and saute garlic and onion and then add plantain and beans mixture and cook for a while.
- Next cool the mixture and add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Take a bread slice and apply green chutney and then keep the cheese slice over it.
- Next spread the plantain and kidney beans mixture and keep tomato slices on top and close it with other slice.
- Grill this sandwich on a pan and cut in small triangles and serve.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Tasty Recipes For Toddlers