2020, a year which took us along to the rollercoaster ride throughout this one year. Firstly, the major change we adopt in our life is covid pandemic the drastic difference which made people go with testing times.
Especially our celebs, some gone in stress or landed in major problem while some had a very smooth ride, where we lost veteran talents we got many cute married couples. All these things happened amidst lockdown and all of them had one thing in common, that they all became newsmakers for one reason or another.
Let’s look into the list of top newsmakers of 2020 from South Indian Industry:
• First and foremost, the question which we always had in mind that who is the girlfriend of Rana Daggubati and when is going to married? He broke the chain in May 2020, where he officially announced his relationship with longtime friend Miheeka Bajaj and got married in August.
The news made globally trend as he is our beloved Bhallaladeva from Baahubali, the role which was loved by everyone after Baahubali’s.
• Now or at the starting of the pandemic, Sonu Sood is trending all around everyday due to his appreciable work that he has been providing help to many in different ways! Who is now called as real life superhero for the country.
• Tamil movie Soorarai Pottru starring superstar Suriya, got place at the second position on the list of ‘Most Searched Film 2020’. Global news!
• We lost legendery singer and world record holder Mr S.P. Balasubrahmanyam at the age of 74 on 25th September 2020. Who was guru of many shishyas and the singer who follows a huge fan following.
• Pan-Indian star Prabhas was trending all around when he announced his back to back 4 films and on his birthday too, which made a huge buzz all around the social media with different posts.
• Kollywood Superstar Rajinikanth demanded a strict punishment in Tamil Nadu, said, “Everyone related to the incident who deserves punishment should get it.” Because the father-son who runs a mobile shop was brutally beaten by policemen.
• Niharika Konidela marriage, five year old actress a daughter of Tollywood veteran actor Nagnedra babu got married to a businessman Chaitanya JV. While everyone is thinking it’s love but it is an arranged marriage, that made buzz all around with beautiful stunning pictures of wedding which started from the announcement of the guy she’s getting married posted a picture by hiding his face.
• Malayalam Industry witnessed with four shocking deaths within a week itself. Actor Nivin Pauly’s assistant Shabu Pulpally, malayali poet and women activist Sugathakumari, director Naranipuzha Shanavas and actor Anil Nedumangad. Which shattered the industry with these shocking news.
• Actress Keerthy Suresh topped the list of ‘The Most Tweeted About South Indian Actresses In 2020’ the chart shared by Twitter. The lockdown didn’tstopped the beauty, she came up with two film releases and she has many more films in the pipeline in her coming future.
• Popular South Indian actress Samantha Akkineni has hit 14 million follower’s milestone on her Instagram profile. Meanwhile, recently the actor Vijay Deverakonda has hit 10 million followers.
• Tamil actress Chitra passed away due to hanging herself in Chennai on December 9.