Dhokla is one of my favourite breakfast. It is light and fluffy and perfect for summers...
You can try this recipe for outings, tiffins, snacks or breakfast.
- 1 ½ cup rice
- ½ cup urad dal
- 1/4 cup yoghurt
- 1 Tsp oil
- 1 Tsp eno
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder
- Roasted cumin powder
- Black pepper powder
- For tempering
- Mustard seed Oil
- Meetha Neem or curry leaves
- Soak rice and dal separately for few hours.
- Drain the water and grind rice in the processor until it becomes paste and take it out in a big bowl.
- Now grind the dal and add water, only if required
- Pour it into same bowl with rice and mix well
- Add yoghurt, salt and ferment overnight.
- Next day, Before making, add oil and mix well.
- Grease a plate and put steamer on gas.
- Mix eno, water and pour the batter in greased tray.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder, cumin powder, Black pepper powder and steam it for 10 mins or till toothpick comes out clear.
- Pour tempering and garnish with chopped coriander leaves
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe