Coriander Pesto Pasta and it is as easy as it sounds.
While for lot many months this pesto remained a mystery for me and fetching Pine nuts wasn't easy too. I tried it with walnuts too but somehow they tasted stronger and that when I first tried this Basil Pesto Pasta. I however didn't have Pistachios today and there I tried another twist with my original recipe , using almonds. Guess they worked well and yes pine nuts do give a strong flavor but almonds make it super creamy and I just loved the smooth pesto.
Also since I was trying a new recipe, I wanted to play around with coriander a bit and that made Coriander Pesto Pasta happen in real.Pesto is similar to our Indian chutney and you can use and vary your own combinations to suit your taste. Off-course the basil pesto is more authentic but this Coriander Pesto Pasta too tasted superb.Infact to make your Coriander Pesto Pasta even more easier you can simply use your coriander mint chutney and add some olive oil, Parmesan cheese and almonds and grind again to get another quick fix coriander pesto. You would believe me once you taste it and get the right punch with the mix of creaminess on your taste buds. So let’s get straight to the recipe of Coriander Pesto Pasta and did I tell you , Hubby had it for breakfast today and completely loved it.
- Spaghetti: 100gms
- Coriander: 1 cup
- Mint leaves: 1 tbsp
- Garlic: 1 tsp
- Green chilli:1
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Parmesan Cheese: 1 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Almonds: 6-7 soaked and de-skinned
- Red chilli flakes: 1/4 tsp
- Oregano seasoning: 1/2 tsp
- Prepare the pesto by making a paste of coriander, mint, garlic, olive oil, almonds and parmesan cheese and keep it aside.
- Now boil the spaghetti in water till its done and then strain and keep it aside.
- Reserve the pasta water to make sauce.
- Now take a pan pour the pesto prepared and and then add 1/2 pasta water.
- Bring it to boil and then add salt, red chilli flakes, oregano and the boiled spagetti.
- Give it a good mix and serve hot with some garlic breads.
Also read: Recipe For Tasty And Tangy Pasta Bhel
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe