Vegetable Ragi Kadhi will make you fall in love with eating millets. I am offcourse one ardent follower of Finger Millet or Ragi in my recipes. Reason being that it is rich in Calcium and Iron both so whether its for growing children or their moms, this works for both of them. I remember how much Ragi porridge I use to give to my son, as he wasn't very fond of milk and then I started working on more innovative recipes to add this wonder grain in our regular meals.
Vegetable Ragi Kadhi is just a variation on Vegetable Kadhi with offcourse added Ragi nutrition. Just be mindful of not overcooking the vegetables as they have to have a little bite so you don't miss your fried pakoras.
- Ragi Flour: 1 tbsp
- Bengal Gram Flour (Besan): 1 tbsp
- Curd : 4 tbsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida: 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder: 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Curry Leaves: 6-7
- Garlic: 2 cloves , chopped
- Green chilli: 1 slit in half
- Fenugreek seeds : 1 tsp
- French Beans: 1/2 cup chopped
- Cauliflower: 1/2 cup florets
- Carrot: 1/2 cup chopped
- Peas: 2 tbsp
- Onions: 1 sliced
- Oil : 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
- Take a bowl and add Ragi flour and Bengal gramflour and mix well.
- Now add salt, chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric to this and mix well again.
- Next add sour curd and 1 cup water and with a whisker make a smooth paste without lumps and keep aside.
- In a wok , heat oil and add asafoetida , cumin seeds and 3-4 curry leaves.
- Add sliced onions and cook them for 1-2 mins and then add all the vegetables.
- Season this with little salt and cook it covered till peas are done.
- Now add the curd mixture gradually and keep stirring.
- Adjust the water consistency and keep cook on slow flame as you keep stirring too.
- Stirring is important for a smooth texture of Kadhi.
- Once the Kadhi start boiling adjust the salt and cover it for a minute again.
- Prepare a tempering by heating some oil /ghee and adding chopped garlic, fenugreek and chopped curry leaves.
- Pour this tempering into the boiling kadhi and cover it again and put off the flame.
- Let the Kadhi soak the tempering and all the flavors from it.
- Serve this with some steamed rice and salad.
Also read: Makhane Ki Kadhi
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe