After 1 year of age, child's calorie consumption is high and if his meals are not planned well there will be calorie deficit leading to slower weight gain
A child that is not gaining weight steadily can be in danger of not meeting their nutritional needs.
Getting your little one to eat more is likely to be very difficult. Therefore, making each mouthful have the greatest caloric impact is the most likely to add those needed kilos.
Here are some strategies for adding calories.
Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of nonfat dry milk powder to muffins, cooked cereal, pancakes, milkshakes, yogurt.
- Add a powdered dry fruit mix to:milk, milkshakes, smoothies, or ice cream.
- Add extra butter to: cooked cereal, rice, pasta dishes, sandwiches, potatoes, and vegetables.
- Add cheese to: pasta, crackers, sandwiches, burgers, soups, mashed potatoes, and vegetables.
- Spread cream cheese or peanut butter on bread, muffins, fruit slices, pancakes.
- Include supplements, such as:Boost, Pediasure,horlicks.
- For extra protein, offer more of these foods: eggs, milk, cheese, peanut butter, meats, & yogurt, paneer and tofu.
Therefore, I try to add portion of everything in one meal keeping Boo's liking above everything.
Here’s a Healthy recipe of Vegetable Noodles With Grilled Cottage Cheese
- Boiled noodles
- Cottage cheese (Paneer)
- Broccoli (chopped)
- Bell peppers (chopped)
- Carrot (chopped )
- Zucchini (chopped)
- Peanuts (roasted and crushed)
- Black pepper (freshly grounded)
- Olive oil
- Boil noodles as per instructions on packet. When the noodles are cooked, strain the water, run through cold water and coat noodles with little oil spread it on a plate or kitchen counter.
- Heat oil in a skillet and sauté each vegetable separately, season with salt and pepper.
- Add noodles to the skillet and mix with all the vegetables. Sprinkle crushed peanuts.
- Marinate paneer in black pepper and salt for 5 mins. Cut in desired shape and grill or shallow fry in a pan from all side.
P.S- You can add any other vegetables or meat of your baby's choice.
Also read: Tiffin Recipe: Plantain And Cheese Sandwich
Explore the entire collection of articles: Tasty Recipes For Toddlers