Chef Vikas Khanna brings simple and easy-to-make recipes that you can try out from the comfort of your home.
CURRY LEAF POWDER CHUTNEY
2 tablespoons mustard oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 one-inch piece ginger, peeled & grated
¼ cup white sesame seeds
1 cup fresh curry leaves
2 dried red chillies
Salt to taste
1 small lemon-sized ball of tamarind
1 teaspoon sugar
• Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, ginger and sesame seeds.
• When spices crackle, add curry leaves, red chillies and salt. Mix well and sauté for 2 minutes.
• Add tamarind and sugar and sauté for another minute, till curry leaves become dark and crisp. Cool the mixture to room temperature and transfer to a spice grinder jar.
• Grind mixture to a fine powder and store in a clean dry glass jar.
• Serve with roti or as a spread on breads.
Note: This chutney can be stored for upto 10 days.
Here are some more easy recipes you can try out at home with Masterchef Vikas Khanna: