Chef Vikas Khanna brings simple and easy-to-make recipes that you can try out from the comfort of your home.
For shallow frying Oil
1 nos. (large) Onion (finely chopped)
8-10 Fresh Curry leaves (shredded)
2 nos. (medium) Tomatoes (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
1 teaspoon Coriander powder
1 tablespoon Sugar
To taste Salt
400 gm Hung Yoghurt
½ cup Semolina
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan over medium flame, add onion and curry leaves. Saute till onion turns golden brown.
2. Mix in tomatoes, turmeric powder and coriander powder and cook till mashed. Add sugar and salt, and cook till sugar dissolves. Remove from flame and cool to room temperature.
3. Add the hung yoghurt to the sautéed mixture and mix gently but thoroughly. Divide the mixture into small portions and shape into patties.
4. Spread semolina in a plate and roll the shaped patties to evenly coat with semolina.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame, add the patties to the pan and shallow fry till golden. Gently remove and drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot with spicy green cilantro mint chutney.
More simple recipes from Masterchef Vikas Khanna at home: