Chef Vikas Khanna brings simple and easy-to-make recipes that you can try out from the comfort of your home.
1 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
100 ml condensed milk
100 gm butter
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of ½ lemon
½ cup milk
6 muffin moulds, greased & dusted
• Preheat oven to 150C/300F. Grease and dust muffin moulds.
• In a mixing bowl, sift maida, baking powder and baking soda. Keep aside.
• In a fresh large mixing bowl, combine condensed milk and butter. Whisk briskly till mixture is smooth and light in consistency.
• Add cardamom powder, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix well.
• Gradually mix in dry ingredients in small batches alternating with milk to make a smooth batter.
• Pour the batter into prepared muffin moulds till half filled and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or till toothpick inserted in the centre comes clean and surface of muffins is golden.
• When done, remove from oven, demould and keep on a cooling rack to cool.
Take a look at other simple recipes from Masterchef Vikas Khanna: